I am excited to announce Cami Peterson-DeVries, DHA has accepted a new position within St. Francis Health Services as Vice-President of Corporate Compliance & Ethics and Leadership Development!
Most of you know that Cami has worked with St. Francis Health Services and our affiliates in various roles for the last 15 years. Starting as the Director of Nursing at Guardian Angels Health and Rehabilitation Center in September of 2005, transferring to the Administrator/DON position at Renville Health Services in November 2012 and again to the Regional Director –South position in October of 2015. Throughout this service, Cami has been fulfilling her education goal of acquiring her doctorate in Healthcare Administration. Cami will begin her work in this new capacity effective 07/01/19 while continuing to assist with her current job duties of Regional Director until her replacement is hired.
In her new role, Cami will assume the role of Corporate Compliance & Ethics Director/Officer. In addition, I am thrilled to announce that the St. Francis Board of Directors has unanimously agreed to depart on what I expect to be a 5 year leadership curriculum that will use the Baldridge Performance Excellence Framework. Many of you will be learning more about this from Cami soon. Very briefly, this continuous learning and development program focuses on seven core areas of achievement and improvement:
• Leadership: How management leads the organization and how the organization leads the community
• Strategy: How the organization establishes and plans to implement strategic directions
• Customers: How the organization builds and maintains strong, lasting relationships with customers
• Measurement: How the organization uses data to support key processes and manage performance
• Workforce: How the organization empowers and involves its workforce
• Operations: How the organization designs, manages and improves key processes
• Results: How the organization performs in terms of customer satisfaction, operational efficiencies, governance and social responsibility
The program is based on a process of self-assessment and external evaluation focused on achieving success through goal setting. Cami, in her new role of Leadership Development, will facilitate this work.
Congratulations Cami; both on your educational successes and this new position with St. Francis!